Wednesday, September 12, 2007

The Video Blog

My computer is a little out of date but I can still add videos, I just can't watch them. So I'm going to have to describe the way how the movie is produced and hope that good examples come up.

This movie is about a man named Leonard who has short term memory so we almost automatically know more than the main character from the beginning which is called Unrestricted Narration: when we know more than the characters.

The other element is The classic hollywood cinema aspect. But 3 of them have a much bigger role in this film than the others so I will focus on those.
1. Power to make change, Leonard has the power to find his wifes murderer.
3. Conflict to stop change, Leonard cannot form new memories, not remembering what he has to do which he considers his only reason for living every time he loses focus is an almost impossibility.
5. Finality (a sense of closure), His whole goal throughout the movie, to avenge his late wife.

No comments: