Monday, May 4, 2009

Coen Brothers Post

The important scene I decided to discuss would be the almost confrontation between Sheriff Bell and Anton Chigurh. This scene struck me as important because of its open interpretation, is Anton in the room? In the other room? If not why was the scene put in there? If he was why would he not kill Bell? There are many answers to probably stupid questions if brought in front of the directors. This scene is my favorite of the film because I saw it before I read the novel and was in full anticipation of a climactic shootout but the intensity of the scene was enough to quell my appetite for violence. The lack of sound and movement makes the audience pay close attention in hope of seeing something that everyone else missed, al the while the Coen Brothers are chucking at the moths to the flame.

No comments: